Certificate in Engineering Management
The Engineering Management certificate from Drexel University is a valuable professional credential for engineers and scientists who want in-depth exposure to skills and knowledge needed for management roles without having to commit to the entire program.
|Part-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||April, September|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,000 per year|
The Engineering Management certificate from Drexel University continues Drexel’s tradition of leadership and excellence in educating engineers for successful careers. Its curriculum is taken from the MS in Engineering Management program, established in 1960 at the request of several Delaware Valley corporations. Graduates of the program have advanced within their present organizations, while others have accepted responsibilities with new employers or gone on to found their own businesses.
- A solid introduction to Engineering Management through courses in management, finance and economics
- Taught by Drexel’s distinguished College of Engineering faculty who are also successful professionals in the field
- A highly interactive, online learning method designed to challenge and engage students, while remaining convenient for working professionals
- Courses can be applied towards earning a full MS in Engineering Management
- Can be completed entirely online in less than a year
Akshay Finney works in cybersecurity doing what he calls ‘ethical hacking,’ where he and his colleagues travel to hospitals and hack their systems to demonstrate how they’re vulnerable. At Drexel, Akshay had three standout moments during his academic career. The first was his first day of Web Security 101, where the professor (who Akshay deemed ‘amazing’) blew his mind by delving into computer science. The next was his co-op experience at Meditology.
‘I learned so much in six months,’ says Akshay, ‘I learned real skills that translated to the work force.’ The third standout moment for Akshay was when he and his classmates hosted a cybersecurity conference. They brought in top of the line companies and people, for the purpose of getting students exposure with industry professionals. For Akshay, his work is building off of his Master’s Thesis, which focused on cyber-physical systems and medical device security; ‘I love what we do. We do it so people can sleep better at night.’
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Management Communications
- Engineering Economic Evaluation & Analysis
- Financial Management
- Advanced Engineering Management
- Advanced Financial Management for Engineers